Many people don’t know where to begin when trying to optimize their website for search engines, and without knowing the factors valued by search engine algorithms, you could end up wasting a lot of resources. This article contains some tips to help make your Search Engine Optimization (SEO) campaign successful. Search engine optimization is perhaps one of the greatest marketing tools to come about online, but without proper article submissions it won’t work out to your liking. That is why it’s imperative to search and find the best article directories to submit your hard earned work and watch the numbers start to add up.
There are limits to what a webmaster should do to optimize search engine indexing. Some strategies for SEO can be pushed too far, resulting in spam-like, content-free web pages. Not only are these kinds of pages not appreciated by visitors, search engines will discount them in results rankings and can even drop a website, entirely, if it appears to use unethical SEO tactics.
- Promote yourself as being an expert in your niche. It is an effective marketing strategy that can have great rewards. Post a website that focuses on a specific aspect of a certain market, then choose appropriate keywords, and use SEO to promote those keywords. In doing so, make sure your website is centered on the actual needs of this target audience, not just on your perception of their needs.
- Do not automatically redirect users to another site. Search engines see this as a malicious practice. Even if you honestly want to connect users to a new domain, it will still look as though you are trying to cheat the search engine. Instead, provide links to the new content, and encourage visitors to click through to the main webpage.
- Search for education sites that are hunting for sponsors. Sites that are of the .edu domain are much more likely to appear high on the search engine lists. If you have the chance to link up with a .edu domain, go for it. These websites tend to get the most and best quality visitors.
- Search engine crawlers recognize hidden keywords as unethical ways to boost site rankings. So caution is needed, with SEO optimization, choose ways that will really boost your ratings instead of lowering them.
- Add a Blog. Among the best things you can do to improve your website and increase your search engine optimization is to add a blog. This will give your company more (often free) publicity. Additionally, it will help you to make personal connections that could lead to more business. By applying a few good SEO tips to your company’s blog, you will see your company websites search engine ratings rise quickly.
- Thoroughly assess all of your site’s options when attempting to enlist other sites to link your own as a means of increasing traffic. For smaller and start-up sites, this need to exercise extreme restraint in deciding site partners can be especially difficult. It is important to remember, however, that having your site linked by undesirable sites can make decrease the appeal of your own site in the eyes of more well-known, relevant sites.
- When it comes to keywords and search engine optimization, try to use about 3-5 different keywords per post. This will help you get noticed by the search engines and drive traffic to your site. If you blog five times during the week, that will give you about 15 keywords each week. Which is a great way to increase your blog stats.
- Take a look at headers your server sends along with the pages of your site. Use one of the many online tools to analyze your website’s information. The 2 statuses that you want are “301 moved permanently” and “200 OK”
- If you plan on putting out a press release, make sure it’s as keyword optimized as the rest of your site is. Make sure to use anchor text and links to your website within the text as it may be re-posted elsewhere, increasing the number if incoming links. Don’t bother adding it to a site like PRWeb unless your press release is really newsworthy.
- When supplying information in your copy, include phrases like “How do I…” or “Where can I find…” in your keywords. People love to write questions into search engines, and you want to supply the answer. You can even use the question as the title of your post, which will rank it high for those keywords.
- When publishing articles to other websites, post them to your own website first. Leave it up for a few days to ensure that the search engines index it, and then post it elsewhere. This will indicate to the spiders that your site is the originator of the content, and that the other sites are just reposting it, giving you the most link credit.
- Optimize your titles too! Don’t forget to add your keywords or keyword phrase into your page’s title. This is also important for blog posts. Search engines look at the titles as well as content, and you have a better chance of ranking higher when the search engine sees title words that fit with the context of the page content.
- Don’t overlook images as an important way to grab more traffic. Many site owners and bloggers get a lot of traffic from people searching for specific images. All of the major search engines have image searches, so make sure all of the images on your site or blog are SEO-optimized. Add your keyword phrases into your image captions and filenames.
Hopefully the tips above have given you some SEO techniques that you can implement immediately to get your website a higher search engine results page (SERP) rank. Or, perhaps the tips have helped you to decide that SEO is not for you and that you need to hire a professional SEO company instead.